Monday, January 31, 2011

Kyles Swim Meet, and the worst day ever!!!


Things started out great.  I was so excited to take some fun pictures to put up but because of certain "events" I only got these couple pictures. 
The kids were having a blast, my parents brought some cookies and candy so they had a ton to eat. 
Schaefe was checking out the pool trying to find Kyle

Who found us first....Glistening in his speedo!!!

Or whatever those things are called :)  Schaefer took this picture. HaHa

After this is when the fun began.  The meet started late, and just as they got going I was holding Melynn on my lap while she was eating something.  And all of the sudden I feel this splashing and my Dad and Brother Brian jump up....Yeah, Melynn threw up ALL OVER!!  Thankfully there was no one directly infront of us, just their bags and coats so it didnt get people too bad, but we were sitting on the upper bench and she threw up all the way down 3 benches.  So as soon as I notice I whip her around to face me and she gets a little more out.  Oh MY GOSH!!
So I am tring to get Melynn cleaned up a little while passing around my wipes to people, Brian runs to go find a towel or something, and my parents are helping other people get things cleaned up.  There was even a girl, probably about 12 or so, crying becuase she got hit, poor girl!
Brian comes back and I notice that all the people sitting on the benches all the way down are looking and I am thinking, how do they know already??  Thats when Brian points out the Giant fans blowing their way.  He said by the time he got back with the towel the smell was going all the way down the stairs that are the whole lenght of the pool away. 
So thankfully I brought extra pants and diapers for Kadrynn because she had thrown up the day before and I was a little worried about her, So I get Melynn out and strip her down.  So the rest of the time she spent half naked in her pants and undershirt, with no shoes or socks.  Then just when I thought I was safe, she had a blow out all the way down her legs and all over the pants.  So I took off again to get the other pair of pants in the car...AND I had no wipes left!! 
So I left as soon as Kyle was done, which he did great by the way.
On the way home the kids wanted McDonalds for dinner so I stopped and got some, I think Melynn ate a fry or two, and when we got to about the 106 exit (oh yeah and the meet was in ogden) Melynn started complaining about her stomach hurting, so I started to get off the freeway and before I could even change lanes she threw up all over herself.  I did get a towel on her lap so most of it stayed there, but still its gross!!  Schaefer has a pretty good gag reflex too, so as soon as he smells it I hear a huge gasp of air from him and he turns his head trying not to smell it so he doesnt throw up. 
I decided to just keep driving because I had nothing to clean anything with and most of the mess was already on a towel.  So we finally got off the freeway in Orem and....Yes... She does it again!!
Finally home around 9 or 10 pm and I get her in the bath the kids in bed.  and then I had to go clean out the car.  Which wasnt as bad as I was thinking it would be.  Most of it stayed in her seat and towel.
Needless to say the sickness hung around me and the girls for the weekend.  But passed and I really hope that never happens again.  We have had way to many throw up in the car or public place stories. Me wen I was pregnant with Schaefer, I went to long with out eating and hurled all over the civic, Schaefer when he was a baby, all over at Jordan Commons, our super exciting and fun trip to Luna a couple years ago, one kid got sick before we left and then it passed through all the kids on the way down, we had to stop every couple hours to clean something up.  Then to make it even better it went through 90% of the family of 60+ people.  So Please kids NO MORE THROWING UP IN MY CAR!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, a day to remember! And, wow, you have some super attractive photos of me on your blog.

    ReplyDelete