Sunday, October 17, 2010

Finally getting started on the Girls room

 So I bought this dresser from DI when we finished Schaefers room and got the girls princess beds.  I have always had it in my mind that I would refinish it so it wasnt so ugly.  So now, a year later I finally did it.  I even got Ian in there working away. 
While we where at it I let the kids paint the baby high chair...I guess I should have expected the mess, but I did nothing to stop it.  So now we have paint all over outside and I dont know how to get rid of it.  But they had a blast.

The girls ate more than they painted, sad but true.
I did finish it and make it look normal though.

It made the room look so much better!!  It really pulled it together. 
And my mom gave me those cute vases and flowers to put on top.


I did find some cute hardware but I guess I dont have a picture of it complete.
The girls just had to be in the picture too, and picking the nose makes it really  nice.

My next project is doing to canopys for the beds so they look like princess beds and not prison cells.
I also need to cover pillows and get bed skirts.  I did find some cute curtains though, but I will save more pictures for when I finish the room.

2 comments:

  1. cute cute. I love their room. I saw that highchair when we were there and I told Steve he is going to make one for Kate for Christmas so I need to come check it out and get the dimensions and stuff. :) Oh and If you need any help with covering the pillows let me know. I have covered a bunch in my house using the envelope style so they are removable. They are super super simple and take like 10 seconds. And a good place for fabric is either Home Fabrics next to Michaels or right now Joanns is having a 50% off sale on their decor and upholstery fabrics--perfect for pillow covers. and hey while your at it get a coordinating fabric and we can figure out how to make bedskirts too. I have been so into sewing lately so come over and we'll stick the kids in front of a movie and we will sew your stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this is Savannah not Steve. If it was Steve that'd be kinda weird. Like super creepy weird.

    ReplyDelete