Sunday, October 17, 2010


LOTOJA  CLASSIC 2010

 The lotoja was so much fun this year.  Dad ended up getting 2 teams for us.  I didnt get on one of the teams because of my lack of bike but everyone else did.  So we rode with Jeff on one team and some of the other school partners rode on the other team. We beat them by an hour or so I think.

We were suppose to start at 5:45am.  I was going to ride with Dad on the first leg, but I woke up at around 2 throwing up so we didnt ride.  Jeff started us off and we went to the second leg exchange where Dad and Brian were taking over. 
 And what was the first thing to happen?? Brian popped a tire taking the bike off the rack. So after he fixed that we headed over to meet with Jeff, who was FREEZING!! It wasnt even 50 degrees.

 So Brian and Dad headed out and Ian and I headed up to the next exchange where Ian was going to take over.  So we got there and Mom and Heather met us shortly after. 

Ian headed out to do the King of the Mountain Leg and he did it in an ok time, I dont think he beat his time last year but he also didnt train much. 
 After he headed out Heather was forced into my car with my sick self and we drove to the next exchange where she was going to take the timing chip and I was going to ride with her for fun.
This year Heather and I beat all the traffic and got there more than and hour before Ian did.
We kept wondering what happened to Mom Dad and Brian and when we finally got ahold of them, we found out that dad took another 45 minutes to finish the second leg because Jeff was going so slow.  So Dad and Brian didnt even get to ride the third leg and they got stuck in traffic so they couldnt even catch up to Heather and I for the fourth leg.

Ian rolling in to pass off to Heather.
This year they paid a lot more attention to numbers and bikers, so I waited a while before going to catch up with Heather.  it ended up taking me about 10 miles to get her.  But we got to ride the last 25 together.

Heather heading out. 

                           Ian was able to get some picts of me but only one good one.  And I didnt get any of him because they didnt allow you to stop at the top of the mountain to take any on his leg.
Riding was so much fun, It was depressing how many people passed us but hey, not not really having a bike that fits me, and only training for 3 weeks, I think I did pretty well. 
When we got to the last exchange Brian and Dad still were not there So Ian had to take the timing chip to finish.  Dad and Brian ended up coming in just as Ian headed out.  Then they tried to catch him but couldnt.  Ian ended up getting sick on that leg and throwing up 3 times off the side of his bike, and he forgot his gloves so the poor guy had to do the whole 50 miles without gloves.  He looked so sick after but recovered quickly.


 After we finished we headed over to eat at Bubbas BBQ..yummy!!!  Then we got to stay in Jackson this year, which was so much nicer than going home!!!  We got to stay in the Kings cabin and the next day we walked around down town and did some touristy shopping.  Then headed back home.

We had to get some pictures in front of the antler archway at the park in the middle of town. 
It was so much fun and I cant wait to have my own bike and ride my own legs.  And thanks to Natalie and Danny for watching our kids who ended up throwing up and all kind of stuff.  We are so blessed to have good family who will help you out even when it is no fun for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment