Saturday, October 8, 2011

Collynns Anita Robertson


Well, She came out!!  I was starting to worry for a while.  All my other kids where eight days early, and I think Collynns knew that and wanted to frusterate me.  But I won!! 


I had been waiting for my water to break for a few days.  I was so paranoid about it breaking in public. And it did, at the end of Schaefers soccer game at 7:30, but it didnt break the way I thought it would.  Usually it breaks and there is no stopping it, this time I wasnt sure for hours.  Ian and I ended up walking up and down the street trying to get contractions to start, and they did, so we decided to go in and get things checked out around 11:30.  Turns out my water had broken.  So we called Mom who headed down and  they hooked me up and called Dr Carn who told them to put me on the Pit and so I got the epidural right away, like usual, I am not one for pain!!  But the guy was not on his best day, he had to put it in twice and then when they started uping the Pit the epidural wasnt working so after a while I had him come back in and give me the booster, which went straight into my bloodstream and my vision went blurry, my ears ringing and my tongue went numb, so he had to take it all out and put it in again which took another 2 tries.  Then I was ready to push within the hour.  I pushed for 10 minutes and DIDNT TEAR!!  I am amazed at the differance between tearing and not!!  I recommend not.  So my legs where totally numb and I couldnt move them until some time around 11am.


Collynns came out perfectly, and looking just like Kadrynn, which is funny because I remember thinking that when Melynn came out and now when I look back at pictures, I think Melynn looked nothing like Kadrynn. 



Collynns came out at 5:28 am and weighed 7 pounds 5 ounces and was 19 inches long.  She is not only our heaviest but our hairyest baby, tons of dark brown hair.  Which I was hoping would stay the same color but then one of the nurses pointed out her blonde eyebrows so there is a good chance it will go blonde, sorry Mom.





Once Ian and I got moved into our other room Mom Headed back to our house to relieve Megan who had spend the night with the kids.  Megan was very excited to have Collynns born on her birthday.  Once we took a nap and ate some breakfast we did a little photo shoot. 


The kids where so excited to see their new baby sister.  I kept wondering if Schaefer would be mad that she actually came out a girl, he has been saying for months that the Dr was wrong and it was a boy.  But he never said anything, just excitment. 


They have been smothering her since we came home.




Dr Carn came to take a look at Collynns and make sure things where ok and we grabbed a picture with him before we headed home.



When we got home Natalie was there putting up this great sign and Grandma and Grandpa Dingman and Grandma Miller came to bring dinner.  So we had a little party there waiting for us to get home.



3 comments:

  1. As if I haven't said it enough, She is the most adorable baby I have ever seen. Thanks for posting pics. Let me know if I can take the kids so you can get a nap in!! I am SERIOUS!! Just text me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Cutest baby ever! Love you Lis!!! You're a great Mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! She is Beautiful!! Funny I didn't know you went to Dr. Carn, I have seen him some when my Dr. ( Dr. Peterson) is out of the office.

    ReplyDelete