Friday, October 7, 2011

My Little girl.......


My little girl with a haircut from cousin Taelin....



So one day Natalie and her kids came over to play and the kids were all downstairs watching a movie while Natalie and I where upstairs talking.  All the sudden Schaefer came up and said in a calm tone, "umm, Taelins cutting hair." So we looked at eachother wondering if she was pretending or doing it for real.  So we both head down to check  it out.  And we find the computer chair infront of the TV with Lots of blonde hair all over..then I turn my head and see melynn looking at me with a huge grin and she says, "Taelin cut my hair!"  She looked so excited about it.  I was staring at her wondering what my reaction should be and the first thing to come to my mind is Karen telling me to laugh.  Then Natalie finds Melynn and she gasps and grabs Taelin and takes her out for a time out.  When she came back in Ian had come back down and I am still looking at Melynn when I notice Natalie crying, and Ian is staring and says, "wheres the camera?? Take a picture." 




So after reassuring Natalie that it was ok, I took Melynn upstairs to buzz her head.  I tried to leave it as long as I could, but Taelin got her pretty good.  So now she looks just like Schaefer.  While I was buzzing her head I was thinking how can I make sure they dont play with scissors again, so I started telling her she was going to have boy hair and not pretty girl hair anymore.  So of course, being my daughter, she was super excited about being a boy and not a girl anymore. 
For days she ran around telling me she was a boy.  One day I put a princess nightgown on her and she looked at me and said, "Mom, I cant wear this, I am a boy!"
A few days later I had lauras girls for the day, they all spend the day playing princess.  I had to go to the store and they all wanted to wear their dresses.  When we got to the check out the guys looks at melynn and says, "oh, dude they got you in a dress!!"  I corrected him and told him what happened and he just stared open mouthed. 



Taelin also got her own hair, not as bad but she had to cut it into a bob.  She also gave Brick some steps one one side of his head.  So it was a pretty exciting day.


1 comment:

  1. What a CRAZY day! Thank you for not being mad at me or my daughter! I truly felt horrible! I laughed reading about the princess dresses and the grocery store! Thanks for taking pictures!

    ReplyDelete