Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Lotoja


For the past 3 years Ian has ridden in the Lotoja, a bike race that goes from Logan to Jackson Hole.  He rides on my dads relay team that has basically turned into our family team.  Last year Brian, Heather and I rode too but this year with Brian in Iraq and Me 8 months pregnant, Heather, Ian, Dad and Heathers friend Danielle, where the ones who got to participate in all the fun. 


Ian usually rides the third leg, the King of the Mountain leg.  But this year he got to try the second leg, which, they say is harder because its an uphill climb for more than half of it.  He did pretty good on it.


I drove my car so I wouldnt throw up in anyone elses car, my carsickness is worse when I am pregnant.  To start the race we where up about 4:30 am getting ready and by 8am Mom and dad where both passed out.  Dad did just get off his first leg of 35 miles but Mom, is just tired.


Ian handed off to my Dad who rode the King of the Mountain.  He also rode the first and fifth leg. 


Ian carried the timing chip for the fifth leg also.  Its the only leg we can get a picture of.  And we had no cars around us when we passed him so I got this good picture of him.
But I cant say the same for Dad, so I didnt get such a great picture of him.


Here is Heather handing off the timing chip to Heather for the fifth leg.  Heather did great, she rode the same leg as last year and she knocked some 10 minutes off her time.  I was really jealous of all of these guys, driving is just not the same as riding.  Hopefully next year I can join in.


We headed over to our hotel after the finish line and Dinner. 


I had a goal of not having any pictures of me during this pregnancy, but Ian ruined it.  Oh well, now I have proof that I can show the kids when they are older. 


Standing in line for Mom and Dads favorite breakfast place.
Isnt he cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment